Tuesday, January 19, 2010

hw#76

Chase Reed 1/19/10
Frederick Douglass Academy 602

A non- fiction book I read was the book "YES WE CAN", a biograph of Barack Obama by Garen Thomas. This book was published in July 2008 a fue months into his election champaign and before he was President Elect on November 4, 2008. This book talks about how he was home schooled and his mom would wake him up at about 3:00 am and would teach him until 9:00 am or sometimes 11:00 am. Also how when his fahter died in a car cash. Then at the end of his year in high school his mother died of cancer. Also how he went to three colleges (Harvard Law School, Columbia University, and Occidental College). This book also talked about him being Senator of Illinois. The last thing it talked book was Michelle Obama and their two daughters, also his road to become President of the United States.

I read this book because I was forced by mom, but as I got in to the I read it because Barack Obama had a hard life his dad died and his mom didn't have alot of money to go to a good elementry school. I like non- fiction better because it has alot of adventure and crazy events ,but that could really happen. I would like to read Caribeania pioneer, sings, and sports players I think we should read about the Caribeans history and famous people because they arent't be told.

No comments: